Afriad of the dentist? No problem. Dr. Deanna Risos offers oral conscious sedation dentistry in Chula Vista to those who prefer it. There are a number of patients, including children and adults, who suffer anxiety at the thought of sitting in the dentist’s chair. Sedation dentistry employs a variety of safe techniques that allows the patient to virtually take a nap during the dental procedure, so they stay calm and relaxed for the entire duration of the treatment.
Advantages of Sedation Dentistry in Chula Vista
Sedation provides patients with a safe and practical option for getting the necessary dental work without the anxiety associated with going to a dentist’s office. The comfort that comes from sedation encourages a patient to undergo treatment at the right time, rather than postponing it until the condition worsens.
Sedation dentistry can be beneficial to adults who have:
- Very sensitive teeth
- Dental phobia – or high fear of going to the dentist
- Difficulty getting numb
- Exaggerated gag reflex – a choking experience
- Had traumatic dental experiences
- Problems remaining still during the treatment, like due to a physical or mental disability
- Intricate dental problems that need lengthy appointments
Sedation can also be recommended for adults who:
- Dislike the smells, noises, and tastes associated with dental work
- Hate shots and needles
- Are afraid or embarrassed of their teeth
- Are medically compromised – have special health care requirements
Dr. Risos is Trained & Knowledgeable
Dr. Risos is very well trained & knowledgeable about the use of oral sedtives in her office. Patients have been enjoying the benefits of sedation dentistry in her Chula Vista office for several years. Call us @ 619.482.8880 to learn more about our sedation dentistry options or conveniently contact us online.
See also: Sedation Dentistry FAQs.